Are you new to performance audit or internal audit? Are you looking to better understand fundamental audit concepts and get the foundation you need to succeed in this profession?
This course will teach you how to:
- Develop audit objective, scope, and criteria;
- Understand the 3 Es (Efficiency, Effectiveness, Economy);
- Manage stakeholders and relationships;
- Collect and analyze evidence; and
- Document audit work.
Who Should Participate?
This course is intended for auditors who have little or no experience in performance audit or internal audit in the public sector.
This virtual course is delivered over 3 days. The course includes a mix of instructor-led content, interactive exercises, and break-out sessions.
Day 1 | 5.5 hours
- Performance audit, internal audit, and accountability
- The 3 Es (efficiency, effectiveness, economy) and other key Es
- Roles of external auditors, internal auditors, entity management, and third parties
- Audit principles
- Audit planning and alignment
Day 2 | 5.5 hours
- Audit planning and alignment (continued)
- Evidence strategies
Day 3 | 5.5 hours
- Evidence collection and analysis
- Documentation and working papers
- Characteristics and components of a good report
- Audit quality
Note: Prices are per person for virtual courses only. Price for in-person courses can be provided upon request.
“It was great, very engaging and the format was really good for virtual learning – very dynamic.”
“The course was lively and highly informative. The use of real-life scenarios/examples made it easier to relate course contents to actual performance auditing.”
“The course content allowed me to better understand the basics and elements to consider in performance auditing. The real-life examples mentioned throughout the course illustrate the reality in the field during the execution of a mandate. I also liked the fact that there were comparisons of the ways of doing things between the Government of Canada - Government of Quebec - Municipalities – etc.”
To request a dedicated offering for your office, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
This course will require up to 3 hours of individual work outside course hours.
Note: The course outline above is provided as a guide. Number of hours include teaching time and breaks.
Course hours can be submitted for CPE or CPD credits, subject to approval by IIA, CPA Canada, or other professional associations.