The CAAF Emerging Leaders Program builds capacity in both leadership and critical thinking for emerging leaders in the audit community and provides participants with tools and opportunities for them to grow as leaders. It combines both personal leadership discovery and growth with creativity and problem solving.
Through a series of lectures, exercises, reflection, leadership assessment, guest speakers and challenge projects, this program allows participants to explore and develop their innate leadership qualities.
Participants will also work on “Innovation Challenges” – practical projects that are developed by the participants throughout the program. The topics of these challenges are based on topics submitted by the participating offices. Examples of challenge topics include:
- How can legislative audit offices most effectively engage with stakeholders in order to maximize the relevance of the audits we select?
- What is the value of legislative performance audit, and how do we demonstrate and communicate this to relevant stakeholders?
- Increasing audit offices’ relevance in the digital age.
* Due to COVID-19 restrictions, this program is on hold. We will resume as soon as it is possible.
Through their participation in the program, Emerging Leaders will:
- Participate in a five-day retreat-style course where they will learn from leading experts on topics such as:
- Transformational leadership;
- Emerging trends impacting the future of the audit profession; and
- Complex problem solving.
2018-2019 Emerging Leaders
- Work on their Innovation Challenge Projects with senior leaders with senior leaders in their offices and from CAAF who will provide one-on-one mentoring;
- Take part in peer group sessions where they will be challenged on their ideas;
- Present their innovation challenges;
- Provide mentoring to future Emerging Leaders.
Click here to view a sample agenda.
“Thank you, thank you, thank you, for all the time and effort that went into the training. I truly feel like it was a gift to be able to participate.”
“I thought it was a great combination of leadership training and networking with other performance auditors from across Canada. Having the challenge questions as a practical exercise is a great idea.”
“So many relevant leadership topics to reflect on and phenomenal guest speakers. It was also great to build connections with other legislative audit office staff across Canada.”
For more information or to express your interest in the program, please contact Julien Raynaud, Project Officer, Professional Development at firstname.lastname@example.org.